WHY YOU SHOULDN’T FRIEND YOUR BOSSES/SUPERVISORS ON FACEBOOK
1. If you post a status or picture while on the job, they’ll see it and know you are just slacking off.
As if they are doing something productive themselves. How could they have time to see your
posts if they’re busy doing their job, right?
2. You can no longer vent out – about a bad day at work or what an extremely naggy supervisor
you have or how tired you are of your job.
3. You can’t post a picture or status update without them giving their OWN interpretation of your
post. They could either (1) start a gossip about you, (2) accuse you of “unprofessionalism”,
(3) make a big deal of what you posted.
4. You can no longer publicly post your events, parties, and trips when you’re on a “sick” leave. It
can either become a limited post or a “late” post.
What if your boss/supervisor adds you first??
We can all agree with this… it’s simply AWKWARD! especially if your boss/supervisor is a not
so “Like”-able person.
Here’s a few things you could do:
1. Overhaul your Facebook profile. Delete anything that is embarrassing and/or inappropriate –
a.k.a. anything FUN. then approve the friend invitation.
2. Leave them hanging. Do not Approve nor Ignore their invite
3. Accept the friend invitation then BLOCK immediately. No one will notice unless they are
4.Accept the friendship then add to your “Restricted” Lists. This way they can only see your
public posts or content you tag them in.
5. For those with a brave heart, REJECT them outright. Your Facebook Profile/Page/Wall is
none of their business anyway.
Now, If YOU ARE A BOSS and you are reading this… Please, stop giving us a hard time and
leave us alone. Don’t add us on Facebook.
Post by: Arc